Will Bellafill results improve over time? 4 days after injections it looks like I never had anything done.

I have had under eye bags and shadows there since my teens. I have tried belotero and juvederm with less than satisfactory effects. I went for a consultation and was encouraged to try bellafill to build up my cheeks and malar region to reduce the bags. Immediately after the injections (3 syringes plus we did a thread lift) I could see some improvement but here I am 4 days later and it looks like I never had anything done. Can I expect dramatic results to develop in the coming months?

Bellafill results not showing much change after 4 days

Bellafill is a combination of Bovine collagen and PMMA microspheres. The collagen is removed by the body in about 4-6 weeks. The body creates collagen in response to the PMMA over the course of several weeks. The results of Bellafill take a few months. The results will actually get slight better with time, even months or years later. It is way too early to decide upon the outcome at this point. More can always be added. Remember, additional Bellfill to this area is additive for the long term, unlike HA fillers that have a temporary improvement.

Removal of Bellafill after complications

Bellafill can cause swelling as with other fillers. Our office specializes in the removal of Artefill and Bellafill if granulomas develop. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bellafill Results and Improvement with Time

One of the most common calls we get from patients after an injection of any kind, including Blellafill, is to say that there is swelling or it does not look very good for whatever reason. The beauty of Bellafill is that whatever you saw at the time of the injection (and I mean right then) is almost always the result that you will see in time. Many patients forget that the injection is an injury and that the swelling and bruising that can result from any injury can take 3 or more weeks to resolve.

If, as you say it looked good after the injection, be patient, the same results will be evident once everything has a chance to settle.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and face

I think that you would need to be seen in  person to determine whether or not fillers are beneficial or not. Fillers can make significant improvements in the right patient but sometimes lifts are required as well.