Smart-lipo post operative hardness in lower/upper abdomen and flanks 17 days post op? So many Questions!! (photo)

I'm happy I cannot pinch my skin due to hardness around my belly button ( lower/upper ab) and when I sit I don't see visible rolls like I had pre op. My question is once the hardness subsides would i be able to pinch fat? Would the roll return? Why does my belly button look like a sad face? Is it from the hardness? I don't think my doc touched my flanks and I don't feel any hardness. He says it takes 3 months to see contour results and 6 months for my skin to tighten. Any guidance please advice.

Smart Liposuction Results--add rf treatments, venus legacy, VASER HI DEF

Yes, it can take 3-6 months for final results with Smart Lipo. I suggest lymphatic massage, RF treatments like venus legacy or exilis at this time. Based on your photos, you appear to have some skin laxity, which would make you a candidate for a tummy tuck, which can be combined with VASER HI DEF for better body shaping. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Smart-lipo post operative hardness in lower/upper abdomen and flanks 17 days post op? So many Questions!!

Thanks for the questions and photos.  You are doing well and the hardness you are noting should go away shortly and if not, please check with your lipo surgeon. And your surgeon is correct on the timing of things and as far as what is going to happen in the future – a lot of that depends on you.  You need to maintain a diet and exercise routine and make sure you are eating healthy.  If you start eating way too much and not exercising a lot of this can come back.  So take care of your body and you should do fine.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Hardness post lipo

The hard areas are very normal.  The "sad" face is as well.  After the fat was removed, there is still some left, as well as fluid, that hardens as scar forms.  This is normal.  The skin also contracts and wrinkles, so much of this is more pronounced in the first 2-6 weeks.

I strongly encourage lymphatic massage, hot towel treatments, self massage, and RF skin tightening like Pelleve to get the best results.  All these will help break down that scar tissue faster and improve the skin tightening.

Good luck to you,

Dr. Powell

Hardness post lipo

Good luck to you,

Dr. Powell