Which is better Halo laser or Contour TRL laser? What are the differences between the two?

I'm a 44 year old white female with olive skin looking to remove fine lines, crepey skin, sun damage and reduce my large pores. I'd prefer not to do a laser that requires a series of treatments. However, I understand the laser specialist can go more aggressive with the Halo for greater results. I also understand maintenance will be required and possibly an IBL treatment. The Halo treatment in my area is $1250 and the Contour TRL is $1500.

Contour TRL vs Halo

Thanks for the great question. The main different between TRL and Halo is the amount of downtime and the overall results. Typically contour is a more aggressive treatment which does an excellent job of treating severely sun damaged skin with thicker wrinkles. Because it is more aggressive, the down time is typically 1-2 weeks. Halo on the other hand is able to treat all of the ares you specified (fine lines, crepey skin, sun damage, and pores) with 3-5 days of down time. When I had my halo, I still was able to go to work. The intensity of the Halo treatment does to a degree determine the downtime, but most patients are usually ready to put some make up on and go to work on days 4-5, often times much soon. That being said, if you have really bad skin you will only be able to get dramatic results using TRL. Multiple Halo treatments will also help, but will not be able to deliver the same results as TRL. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber