Is it possible to shorten your interpupillary distance? (photo)

So I am determined to get a spot on face and body(mind and soul of course too). I took some tests, and one barrier stopping my face from being a ten is the fact that my pupils are far apart. Is there anyway to train my eyeballs together? Or are there special contacts I could wear to make my irises look bigger, and there for less spacey. Please help me I really want to achieve this!

Decrease interpupillary distance

It is not possible to decrease this distance with surgery. Fillers can be added to the nasal bridge (if it is needed) to give the illusion of a decreased distance. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing interpupillary distance

Hello,I think your eye separation is fine, but if your goal is to give the illusion of narrowing your eyes, try filler over the bridge of your nose.  This may give you a subtle change that you may like.Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide set eyes

You don't have wide set eyes  (hypertelorism).  Makeup and filler injections can be used to give the illusion of narrowing this space.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Your eyes are perfect

The space between your eyes should equal the width of one eye. Your eyes are perfect. If this problem consumes a significant amount of time and mental energy, you really need to see a psychologist. There is a problem called Body Dysmorphic Disorder which cannot be satisfied with surgery, only made worse. There are also some online tests which will help you determine if you have BDD. A good psychologist can help you understand this and establish a healthy self-image.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon