if I get a kybella treatment will I notice any results right away, and also how long would the recovery period and downtime be?

Kybella Results

Right after Kybella injection, the patient has immediate swelling that can last 7 to 10 days and actually due to the swelling it looks eve less. It takes about  6 to 8 weeks till the patient notices the fat bulk reduction and the tightening of the skin can even take longer. The majority of cases it takes more than one sessions to see the optimum result depends on the size of double chin and usually the result is more noticeable after the second injection.

Good luck and I hope you find this answer helpful.

Kybella Results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It will be about three treatments into Kybella before you will really notice a difference.

The first Kybella treatment is associated with significant swelling and discomfort.  Even after 6 treatments done at 1 month intervals, you may still be disappointed with the results.  Lower face/neck liposuction is a minimally invasive treatment that is much more likely to get you to your goal with a single very comfortable minimally invasive procedure done with microcannulas.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Kybella results take time

Unlike liposuction, Kybella results take time. You can expect to have some bruising and swelling following your treatment that will last anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks for most patients although some take significantly longer to recover. Every patient is different. You will also need at least 2 treatments, spaced 6-8 weeks apart. Hope this helps.

Kybella results take time

Kybella results and recovery

Thank you for your question jessica.alba. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. I recommend that my patients have a series of 2-4 treatments spaced every 2-3 months. Most people have swelling for about a week and results are seen by 2-3 months after the second treatment, although some people see results faster. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella results and recovery

Will I Notice Results Right Away With Kybella? Kybella Takes 2 to 3 Months

As with most relatively noninvasive means of removing stubborn pockets of fat, time is needed before you will see the full results of your Kybella treatment. This is because these modalities physically destroy the fat cells, which then must be broken down by the body and eliminated through the lymphatic system, where they are ultimately excreted by the liver. Generally, this can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months to fully accomplish.

Kybella is a very quick and easy way to remove a double chin. It takes about 5 minutes in the office. You will probably need at least two to three sessions, spaced at least six weeks apart. There usually is no downtime with Kybella. You may experience some bruising or soreness, but this generally resolves within a few days. Consulting a board-certified dermatologist will determine if you are a good candidate for Kybella.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Results

No, you will not see results immediately. Typically, patients require multiple treatment sessions (2-4 sessions) for optimal results. Patient start seeing results 4-6 weeks after treatment. There is no real "medical" downtime with this procedure although there is some "social" downtime. The most common issue post procedure is swelling which is most intense on the morning after treatment. The swelling then improves over the next 7 days.

Kybella Results

Kybella results

Hello, You will not see results from kybella right away. In fact you may think the double chin appears larger. This is due to immediate swelling. This swelling can hang around for 4-6 weeks. The next treatment should be scheduled around this time to see what the results are like from the first treatment. Thanks.

Rikesh T. Parikh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Kybella results

Rikesh T. Parikh, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Results

Thank you for your question. No, you will not see the result right away. Swelling will be present for about 2 weeks. I would say you can see your final result in about 6 weeks. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Kybella Results

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Kybella

Hi Jessica

I think the first thing to be certain of is that you have fat that is available to be dissolved. This is best detected by tensing your neck and pinching under the chin. This shows you how much fat there is under the skin. If there is nothing to pinch there will be no result.

You will be surprised as to how many doctors will not do this basic test only for you to get no result because the contour is down to the shape of the muscle or other reasons.

The answer then depends on the amount of fat you can pinch - if its a lot you will see a small improvement over a number of treatments, if it is very little then the change should be very significant.

We have a very similar product to Kybella called Aqualyx in the UK and swelling is 3-5 days depending really on the bruising more than anything else.

Another option if you have more fat or looser skin is BodyTite/ FaceTite as this technology is very effective in 1 treatment and probably would work out very reasonable.

Good Luck

Kind Regards

Dr Dinesh Maini

Zenith Cosmetic Clinics 

Kybella

Hi Jessica

Good Luck

Kind Regards

Dr Dinesh Maini

Zenith Cosmetic Clinics 

If I get a kybella treatment will I notice any results right away, and also how long would the recovery period and downtime be?

Kybella is a non-surgical intervention which uses a purified form of a medication that dissolves fat under the chin. The results are slow and not immediate, but people love to do it because it requires no surgery or anesthesia risks. Our patients swell up for 3 days to a week and then look better. The fat shrinks slowly and all patients require a repeat treatment at 6 to 8 weeks. After two or three treatments, is when you can see most results.

Always find an experienced injector for this procedure.