Coolsculpting on buffalo hump? (photos)

Hi, I have a buffalo hump on the back of my neck. The fat is very soft when I touch it . Just wondering if coolsculpting will work on it. If yes which handset should be used? Are there any doctors that have successfully treated this area?? If I try cool-sculpting and it doesn't work, can I get liposuction on it?

Buffalo Hump Reduction

In the correct surgical hands, the Buffalo Hump is very easily removed with liposuction techniques. I have performed this procedure many times and it's always very rewarding and successful. It's performed in the office, only one 2 mm incision required, under local anesthesia, no labs required, typically no medical clearance needed, and practically no downtime.  

Coolsculpting

Hi,

This is a difficult area to treat with Cool sculpting. In person physical exam is very important to evaluate if you are  the right candidate for this treatment.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Possible Coolsculpting for buffalo hump

Thank you for your question. If you are truly seeking a nonsurgical option for your buffalo hump, Coolsculpting with the Coolsmoothpro applicator is worth considering. It is challenging, but not impossible with one to two treatments depending on the exact location, shape and size. Although the results may be variable it is worth trying Coolsculpting before committing to surgery.

Coolsculpting on buffalo hump?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, a buffalo hump cannot be treated by CoolSculpting. If you would like more options, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting for a buffalo hump

Coolsculpting is wonderful for localized areas of fat but not all localized areas of fat are good for Coolsculpting. To determine if you are a good candidate, a face to face consultation is best so the area can be evaluated most accurately. Generally speaking, a buffalo hump would not be ideal. Definitely worth an evaluation for Coolsculpting with a Plastic Surgeon that can also perform liposuction if necessary,or better, for your particular case.  If you decide to try Coolsculpting on that area and the results are not as much as you would hope, it will not preclude you from doing liposuction in the future.
  Good luck

Grant Stevens, MD

Buffalo Hump -- VASER HI DEF SCULPTING , 4D CONTOURING

I suggest consulting with an expert. In my practice we typically do hi definition body shaping to remove the "buffalo hump" you are describing with great success. Best, Dr. Emer

Possible CoolSculpting on buffalo hump

I think it would be difficult to treat a buffalo hump with CoolSculpting because the area is not easily drawn into the applicator.  It is possible that SculpSure could work on that area though.  It is also possible to have liposuction on the area after CoolSculpting or SculpSure.  In my experience, I have only treated that area surgically.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon