CoolSculpting or lipo for upper and lower abdomen?

Help! I recently seem to accumulate fat and weight in my stomach and as a curvy girl a flat stomach is critical. I don't want to go under general, but I want to know what would be the absolute best option to achieve a really flat stomach without loose skin. Help!!! I am NY Metro based.

CoolSculpting or Liposuction?

I would recommend booking an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to better asses your situation. CoolSculpting, which permanently freezes unwanted fat cells without causing any damage to the surrounding tissue, is an effective alternative to invasive approaches such as liposuction, and it achieves the same goals of eliminating stubborn pockets of fat without the challenges associated with invasive procedures including surgery and recovery. Whatever your preference may be, do your research and go with a plastic surgeon who is highly qualified in their field, so that he/she can properly asses your situation.

Cooslculpting vs. Lipo

Thank you for your question and photos.

From your photos, Coolsculpting may be a good treatment for your upper abdomen. However, Coolsculpting does not tighten skin. It does appear you have some skin laxity. This can only be completely addressed with a mini or full tummy tuck.

Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for best recommendations.

Best of Luck,

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and find an option that fits you best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpt or Lipo?

I would recommend you get an evaluation at a facility that has both a plastic surgeon AND Coolsculpt so you can get an honest answer about the advantages and disadvantages of each. You are most likely a candidate for either one.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on the photos that you have provided you can benefit from cool sculpting, you have pliable areas that can be addressed with coolsculpt to achieve optimal results you may need more than one session but that can de discussed during your consultation.  Keep in mind coolsculpt is strictly for reduction of fat cells and does not address skin laxity but based on your photos coolsculpting would be the treatment I would recommend.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Based on your photos, I recommend you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon in person. CoolSculpting won't improve loose skin.

Stephen Dubin, MD
Las Vegas OB/GYN

CoolSculpting vs lipo

CoolSculpting vs. liposuction. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your geographical area. Upon examination your surgeon will be able to recommend the treatment options that would best address your individual concerns. Often times a combination of procedures produce the best results. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting vs. Lipo

The answer is this:  it's absolutely dependent on the patient and her needs and her anatomy. Both will be effective in getting rid of fat; the question is which will suit your needs best. I advise you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who can keenly evaluate your anatomy and needs and therefore, can help you make the best decision. 

Option for reduction of Belly Fat

Thanks for your question. To achieve both fat cell destruction and tightening, you may want to consider SculpSure Laser. It is indicated for permanent fat cell destruction but we also see significant tightening because this is a laser/heat based treatment (whereas Cool Sculpt does not heat and so does not tighten).
There will definitely be SculpSure treatments available near you, New York is one of the cities with the most number of these devices. We have had great results with it in our medispa.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Coolsculpting is the best non-surgical way to minimize the fat in a given area.  However, I often combine it with Thermage for the best skin tightening results.  An in patient exam is the only way to assess the area and see if you are a good candidate.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green