Concerned about shape of areolas?

Had a lift with implants 3 weeks ago and my areolas are awful different shapes will this change over the up coming months ? My left boob is bigger and quiet lumpy under the nipple as well as an oval shaped areola which is my main concern and it sits hirer then my right have I made a terrible mistake please help !

does not guarantee perfectly symmetrical and round areolas... but we try our best to achieve that.  Focus on healing at this time and if things are 'off' when you are considered healed, you should be able to discuss options with your surgeon on how to improve your results, especially if your problem is really obvious.  Any ethical surgeon will want the best result for you so always keep your communication open with your surgeon.

Concerned about shape of areolas?

Thank you for your picture and questions. I will echo the other surgeons on here and tell you that you are only 3 weeks out from your surgery. This is still very early in the healing phase and you will have many changes in the weeks to months to come. Be patient and continue to follow with your surgeon. What you look like now will not be your end result. 

Concerned about shape of areolas?

Thank you for your question.  You're still early in the healing phase.  Allow some time for the scars to heal and remodel and for the implants to fall into their final position.  Wait at least 3 months before getting a better idea about your results.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Concern about shape of areolas

You are in the early healing stage and can expect your breast to change as they heal.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Concerned about shape of areolas?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Concerned about shape of areolas after breast lift?

You are very early in recovery.  I expect that your areola shape will continue to improve and become more symmetrical.  Give yourself 3 months to evaluate your final result.