What is the best procedure for me to get a more symmetrical hairline? (photos)

The right side of my hairline goes much further back than my left. I already accept that I have a big forehead so that's whatever but I would like it to be symmetrical. Would hair grafting/ transplant be an option or forehead reduction surgery? I know it's probably tricky bc it's the front of my head but it effects my self esteem & it's hard to hide it. I have provided photos. Thank you!

The perfect hairline

Redesigning the hairline with hair transplant grafts would be the easiest procedure.  An experienced hair transplant surgeon can help you with having any hairline you desire.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

I highly recommend the manual FUE method in order to achieve the best potential result. It is possible to create a hairline that is more suitable for your facial traits and to narrow the width of your forehead. 

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline imbalance

It is not clear from the photos if you are a male or female. Hair transplants work well to balance hairlines for either sex

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Symmetrical hairline

Yes, hair grafting/ transplant be an option or forehead reduction and correcting  asymmetry on your frontal hair line/forelock. I advice you have a FUE; you would get the desired hairline in just one sesssion of dense packing hair transplant

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

If you want a symmetric hair line, a hair transplant surgery may be one option.

If you want a symmetric hair line, a hair transplant surgery may be one option. It is best to see a doctor for an examination / consultation.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant can improve hairline asymmetry

It appears that you are female and young. In my opinion, hair transplant is the better choice than forehead reduction surgery but they are both options.  I have seen many women experience thinning later on (after menopause) that allows the forehead scars to be very visible. Transplanted hair will always look natural and would blend in better with thinning hair if that should happen later in life. Most women opt for strip surgery (FUT) rather than FUE because it requires less shaving of the donor area.

Jennifer Krejci, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

Achieving a More Symmetrical Hairline

Hair transplants can be done to improve symmetry or you could have a forehead reduction which would improve facial proportions and improve symmetry at the same time. Consider the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision Technique that we described many years ago. Consult with a surgeon experienced in both procedures.

Hair transplant is better than forehead reduction in your case

Hair transplant is a great option for you. I prefer ARTAS FUE so that you don't have a large scar from the donor area on the back of your head. The grafts are then place asymmetrically to give a more symmetric hairline.  Forehead reduction will leave you with a scar anterior to your hairline that you may then need to graft to disguise -- so just do the hair.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Uneven hairline

Haiir transplantation,in perhaps two sessions, could contour your hairline quite accurately. If you have future hair loss, more work can be done 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon