Breast lift on people who keloid. (Photo)

are there any pictures out there to show me the scarring patterns of A people who like me keloid after having a breast lift. I keloid and want to have a breast lift. I am having my implants removed and would like to do to a lift at the same time. But would really like to see scarring of those who did keloid after a lift. I've seen 3 PS that say they will inject steroid to the incision to minimize scarring. I know it's a risk. I'm a little scared at 65 yrs olds.

Confusion About Scaring

Regardless of your personal or family history, true keloid scar formation is extremely unlikely on the breasts. Even the other bad scars known as hypertrophic, are rare on breast tissue.  This is the nature of the breast skin, and we are fortunate of this. 

As for injection with steroids, this is not necessarily a good idea.  My preferred technique is to avoid thick scars (hypertrophic) in the first place, and using paper tape for a few months to cover your incisions does the job nicely.

Find a surgeon that is certified by the ABPS and a member of the ASAPS who does complex revision breast surgery as a specialty. 

Possible Keloid?

Thank you for your question and photo!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon, who preforms surgery on patients who keloid.  Have a consultation and discuss your concerns and questions.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon  Chicago  Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon

I would ask your surgeon to show you examples of his work so that you can see the scars. Keloids are rare on the breasts, but not unheard of. Unfortunately, it is a risk and only you can decide if its the right choice for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift on people who keloid

Even when taking all of the measures that are known, keloids can still happen. Injecting the scars can be done, they usually but not always flatter. At the same time the scar that are injected tend also to spread wider. Tough decision with a history of prior keloids

Julio Garcia, MD

Keloid scarring in breast surgery

Hi there. Your concerns are totally understandable. keloid scar development in breast augmentation is unlikely even in patients with a predisposition. However, the risk is much greater in breast lift surgery as the scars are much more extensive. True keloids are very difficult to treat. Steroid injections are the best available treatment but only temper the scars rather than cute them. Scars are permanent so you need to weight up the risks vs benefit very carefully! Good luck.

If you already have a scar, then the scars from the breast lift may look similar to them, the location of the scars may be like and anchor, and usually at your age there is much less scarring and even in the event of some hypertrophic scar formation, you can get some steroid njections to make the scar less thick.

Breast implants and keloids

I appreciate your question.
Keloiding is always a possibility especially if its happened before.
Since it doesn't allows happen and there are things we can do to try and minimize such as support the breast and don't allow a lot of tension. Steroids are always a possibility but its better to wait and see how the scar is progressing rather than just always inject. They have some side effects also.
Also, the older you are the less chance of thicker scars
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Breast lift and scar

All breast lifts require some degree of scar to achieve a better shape and form.  I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation. As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor). Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy. In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex. Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Keloid risk

Thank you for your photos though an examination is really needed.  Photos of other patients will not tell you how you might scar and at 65 the risk of keloids decreases so I would not let that be a deterrent to surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD