I'm a 19 year old male with a pretty badly receded hairline. Did excessive masturbation cause my hair to thin so early?

It's a crazy question I know. I've read on some websites that excessive ejaculation increases DHT levels in the body. If I'm genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, which I am, is masturbation the reason why I'm balding so early? I used to do it like twice a day. I haven't found a clear answer to this question which is why I'm finally asking. Please help.

Hair loss

hair loss is genetic. the amount of masturbation does not affect your hair loss. since you are young, you should have a consultation with a hair transplant surgeon who can review your scalp, and discuss your nonsurgical options so that you can slow the progression of hair loss.

Chicago Physician

Masturbate As Much As You Want, It Wont Thin Your Hair!

Masturbation is a choice, hair loss is not.  This is genetic and not anything you could have done based on your post.  I suggest you see an expert if you are looking for preventative treatments and an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Masturbation and hair loss

Neither sex nor masturbation causes balding.Men's testicles make testosterone and this is metabolized into DHT, a male hormone 40 times as powerful as testosterone. When a person has genes for balding, the hormone DHT works with the gene to cause balding. The body makes an enzyme that allows for the manufacture of DHT and this enzyme can be blocked with the drug finasteride to often stop and possibly slow down the balding process because this DHT hormone production drops.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Too much masturbation?

For most men, the cause of hair loss is androgenic alopecia or “male pattern” hair loss. Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a breakdown product of Testosterone, is the trigger that causes miniaturization on genetically susceptible hair follicles.   DHT shortens the hair growth cycle, producing shorter, finer hairs. With continued exposure to DHT, without treatment, the genetically susceptible follicles eventually disappear leaving a bald scalp.

It sounds like you are experience male pattern hair loss and it has nothing to do with excessive masturbation.  I recommend you speak with an hair loss expert regarding options on stopping the loss.