Dentist responsible for crown shape and/or reshaping the crown, matching crown colors and pain?

I recently got all my lower teeth crowned with porcelain. The six teeth in the front are thick blocks, they look horrible. I also have pain when brushing two teeth and a 3rd that I complained about being sensitive prior to is still sensitive to touch and temperature which he told me would resolve itself with a permanent crown. Lastly the back crowns look like they're a different color than the front. I just spent over $10,000 with insurance and I would rather have a lower denture. What can be done?

Unhappy with permanent #crowns #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. I would highly recommend seeing your dentist to address these issues. Minor adjustments can be made to your crowns to help improve esthetics, but unfortunately, there is no way to correct the shade of your crowns now that they have been permanently cemented. I would suggest speaking with your dentist about your concerns, so your crowns can be remade to your liking. I always tell people to judge the dentist on the quality of the before and after photos of their actual patients. This will give you a pretty good indication about what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Unhappy with crowns

I am sorry your experience hasn't been a positive one. It's hard to make suggestions without a picture of the problem. I do suggest you return to the dentist and share your concerns. Wishing for a denture is not the best answer. Dentures don't feel or chew like natural teeth. Your dentist should be able to remove the crowns and have new ones made that match and are less bulky. Your dentist does want you to be happy and comfortable.