How can I convince my dentist to have his lab make me a new temporary flipper?His office staff are doubtful as it is temporary .

Yesterday had 4 implants with bone graft to support new upper bridge.have flipper while healing.Following day after swelling subsided, note aesthetic and functional problem, cannot speak properly, teeth too short, palate thick,bulky. Have natural high lip area with overbite . Looks like lab corrected overbite without my permission, teeth look caved inward,mouth looks sunken.Since my lips have space in middle, looks like I have no teeth now.My job requires public speaking daily .

Flipper

simple, go to your dentist and you are not happy with this flipper , he will make another for you.

India Dentist

Tough Calls

In cases where my patients receive a flipper immediately following extraction I usually
tell them that the lab makes an approximation of where the flipper teeth should end up
based on how the original teeth were lined up in your mouth.  It is not an exact science
and its purpose is to provide a transition through the healing phase of tooth extraction
or in your case implant oseo-integration.

I usually build two sets of temporaries or flippers in my treatment plans because I know that eventually the final set of temporaries will guide the lab in how to design the final
crowns/bridge.  With that said you can certainly ask your dentist to make you one.
I dont see that as an unreasonable request considering your spending a lot on
a implant supported bridge.  Decisions like these are on a case by case basis and
depending on the complexity, it may be reasonable to pay something towards
the new temporary.  Id suggest speaking directly with the dentist.

Derek Faktor, DMD
New York Dentist

Please ask for a consult/follow up appointment with your Restorative Dentist.

Do you have a few photos(selfies) you can submit, front and profile, repose and smiling?
I can see you have listened carefully to your post surgical instructions. You are very articulate in your request and seem very reasonable in your requests.  I think it is very important that you have a follow-up appointment with one or both your surgeon and restorative dentist in the first week of surgery.  It appears to me that you a understand that healing takes time, and have reasonable expectations that this is a provisional "flipper", it probably has composite teeth set in a pink plastic retainer type "flipper".  There are ways to make a
"flipper" look and feel better as soon as you are healed enough to have another impression or maybe they can even change the one you have, though you would be without it for at least 24 hours. It will not be the same as the beautiful porcelain crowns that will be placed on the implant abutments when healing is complete, but it can look nice and function well.
I am a restorative Dentist.  I like to see my patients Day 2 or 3 to make any necessary adjustments to your "flipper".  This is important to confirm that your "flipper" is not impinging on surgical site, occlusion(bite) is accurate, function/speech, and aesthetics are what everyone expected.  The "flipper" is usually made as close as possible to what the surgical area will be.  We don't know until after the swelling is down, so we approximate it on the models.  
Perhaps you can have the "flipper"adjusted for now, if possible thinned at the palate(if it does not make it to unstable), review home care, and adjust any occlussal concerns.
In a couple of weeks a new impression can be made (providing healing is going well), and a 2nd "flipper" can be made to accommodate the design, above requests and engineering required to get you to the next step in your reconstruction.  
This "flipper" can be used as a "trial provisional" that you and your dentist can use to tweak the details out for your Implants. There is usually a charge for a 2nd "flipper" and that is not wrong.  I would continue to keep on the positive as making a provisional "flipper" that everyone is happy with, helps with the porcelain implant design. 
Phoenetics are just as important as aesthetics and function.... as you know so well.
In the mean time, practice saying out loud "60, 61, 62, 63, .... through 79".  This will help your tongue adjust to this device in your mouth.  You may find yourself over articulating at first.  Hang in there.  I am sure you will appreciate the end results.   Best Regards,

Cindy Trosen Sundet, DDS
Minneapolis Dentist