Why Do I Have to Wait 6 Months to Get Laser Hair Removal After Accutane, but Only 1 Month to Get Pregnant?

I know all of the "official" literature says that 1 is long enough to be off accutane before getting pregnant. Why is it that you aren't supposed to have any type of skin treatment for six months to a year afterward, but you can get pregnant just 1 month later?

Potential poor outcome

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Accutane is very harsh on your skin.     Skin can become very dry and does not heal very well.   If you do laser on skin that is not fully recovered from Accutane treatment,  you can have potential side effects of hyperpiigmentation and slow healing and recovery after laser treatment.   So best to wait and get the best result from laser procedures. 

Bellevue Family Physician

Long term effects of Accutane

Accutane and its generics are out of your blood stream very fast, so the drug can no longer injure a growing fetus. It has long term effects on the sebaceous glands (several months), unrelated to blood levels. This effect may cause delayed healing after laser treatments. Better safe than sorry.