Megan Fox Lips: Did She Have Juvederm or Collagen for Her Lips?

I think actress Megan Fox has had her lips done recently. They look fuller and natural, but not fake. Can anyone tell me what she used? Is it collagen or Juvederm? I'm thinking Juvederm, but I'm not sure.

Megan Fox's Lips...What is in Them?

Hi Z,

No one knows for sure other than her injector and her hair dresser. Megan Fox is a very beautiful woman, but I would respectively disagree "that her lips look natural". They look like porn star lips. They detract from what should be the central focus of her face, her beautiful eyes.

Her upper lip is too big in relation to her lower lip (it should be about 70% the size of the lower lip), and her lower lip filling extends out too far laterally, approaching the appearance of a breakfast sausage.

You can achieve similar results with a number of fillers currently available. But remember that as with any tool, "It's the craftsman, not the tool" that will give you great results.

Try to keep your lips a "natural" size. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Art of Lip Augmentation

In 1984 i invented lip augmentation. The key to lip augmentation it must be undetectable. Her bottom lip looks like a horse shoe. The normal architecture of the lower lip is it tapers on the side and is wider in the center. Furthermore her upper lip looks lumpy and not smooth. Lip augmentation should not take your eye directly to the lips or require you to pay excess baggage on your next plain flight. It should subtlety improve one's appearance. Also lip augmentation should include enhancement of the lower third of the which is lost as we age . the proper proportion is 18-20 mm from upper lip to nose and 38-40mm from lower lip  to chin.  As we age the distances change as the lips moves south due to loss of dental support. With fillers one can enhance the lips and restore these distances

Arnold W. Klein, MD (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Megan Fox's Lips

Most likely a haluronic acid based filler such as Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero.  Collagen has become a less popular filler in the lips.  There is also fat and silicone but both used much less frequently then HA's.  Of course, it is personal preference but I am not in favour of taking a really beautiful person and making them look unnatural.  In the photo, her lips seem to distract from her overall beauty. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Megan Fox's Lips

Lip augmentation has been devised by many cultures for centuries, with women of all ethnic backgrounds applying cosmetics to their lips since the Stone Age and African tribal ceremonies introducing materials into the lips for the purposes of augmentation.  Since then, lip eversion surgeries as well as many materials including fat, fascia, silicone, bovine collagen, calcium hydroxyapatite, Goretex, hyaluronic acid, and Alloderm have been used or are currently under trial for lip augmentation.  Currently, the most popular lip augmentation methods involve temporary injectable materials.  As to whether Megan Fox had lip injections, we will never know unless she has divulged this information publicly.  The picture you show does not depict her lips in repose or without makeup, so it possible that she is simply everting her lips for sexy photo op purposes or that she has lip liner, stick, and gloss specifically placed to plump her lips, which is more than likely the case.  That being said, her lips in this photo do appear to be especially full in the central and outer aspects, and her upper lip appears to be larger than what one would normally expect for normal lips (where the lower lip is usually fuller than the upper lip).  Nonetheless, the definition of beauty is constantly changing as some celebrities (e.g. Angelina Jolie) who were born with especially full lips continue to redefine what is beautiful for lips.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Megan Fox's lips

If Megan Fox has had fillers injected to her lips, and this photo suggests that she did, it would not have been collagen, which is no longer available.  It could have been Juvederm or Restylane; Beletero was not available at the time.

Your question suggests that there is a particular filler that is best for everyone.  I actually have not found this to be true.  There are at least two basic lip shapes. For example, someone with lips shaped like Julia Roberts' lips may do very well with Beletero, which spreads beautifully without much swelling, but someone with a Cupid's bow-shaped lip might do better with a filler like Juvederm, or even Restylane, to achieve more localized fullness and lifting.

i think a natural look that is consistent with a person's facial characterisitics over their lifetime is more important than which filler is used.  Your board-certified dermatologist who is an advanced injector should be able to choose the correct filler based on your facial features and goals to create a look that will not be noticed on the street, other than to think, doesn't that person look naturally beautiful?

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Megan Fox's lips

Megan Fox's lips do not look very natural and it is impossible to tell exactly what was injected in her lips.  Juvederm and Restylane are the most common fillers used for lips. 

Lip Augmentation

Just by looking at lips which have been augmented, it is difficult to determine which type of filler was used.  A variety of fillers can be used to add volume, contour and shape changes to help improve your lips appearance.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Megan Fox's lips. Filler?

hello Z

Can't say for sure if she's had filler or enhancements but if I had to guess I'd say she's probably had a little enhancement with a little bit of filler. One of the things about Megan Fox's face that makes her so attractive are her lips in their proportion to her face. Anything more than what she has now would certainly look a bit unnatural and would draw attention away from the rest of her very nice features.

So if I had to vote I'd say probably a little bit but not too much.

Fun question.

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Got Lips?

Zbornak,

There is no way of knowing except to ask Megan or her physician.  And I would not consider her results natural.  Regardless, both products can be used in the lips yielding natural results if desired. 

Megan Fox Lips

Dear Zbornak:

Interesting question.  Her lips look augmented on photo but rather disproportionate to the rest of her face and thus unnatural.  Lip appearance after augmentation does not generally give clues to what filler was used.  Hope this information is of some help to you.