Is there a plastic surgery to remove a "gobbler" under chin? It's not fat, but extra skin. I would like to see photos of post procedure.
Plastic Surgery to Remove Gobbler Under Chin?
Doctor Answers 8
Remove Gobbler Under Chin
Thank you for your question.
A Neck Lift or Facelift with Platysmaplasty is the Plastic Surgery procedure to remove the Gobbler under the chin or the "turkey Neck Deformity."
See an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
A cheek and neck lift or a facelift will get rid of the gobbler under our chin
The extra skin needs to be removed to look better. This is best accomplished by doing a cheek and neck lift or a facelift in which the extra skin is released from the muscles and redraped out the back behind and in front of the ears. Check the photos on my web site.
Your Potential Neck Lift Surgery
You might also like...
Turkey neck treatment options
- Surgical Neck lift* with a lower facelift would be the gold standard and get you the best results (typically 45 years or older)
- Surgical Neck lift* would be the next best procedure
- Neck liposuction and or laser lipolysis with possible if only fat removal is required. A platysmaplasty can be added if there is loose muscle bands
- Ultherapy is an FDA approved non invasive tightening using ultrasound technology
- Kybella is a new FDA approved injection that melts fat under the chin
Based on you text to remove skin so option 1 or 2 would be appropriate in myopinion. Talk to several board certified surgeons experienced in face and neck lifting for definitive treatment
Turkey Gobbler Surgery
The turkey gobbler can be due to extra skin, extra fat, platysmal banding, or a combination. There are several options for correction including liposuction, direct excision of the skin, platysmal plication, and lower face/neck lift surgery.
Neck lift with or without liposuction
Your age and pictures would be helpful. For a young patient liposuction will be helpful and for a patient with a pour skin tone ,lipo and neck lift will work better.
A turkey gobbler neck is often just skin. This is best treated with a neck lift which can be done as an outpatient.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.