How Much Would an In-office Upper Eyelid Procedure Cost?

I am a 55 year old female and my upper eyelids seem to have disappeared! I am considering the procedure as an in-office one in order to save on op room cost. Can you offer any type of price range in Boston and advice? Thanks!

Upper blepharoplasty cost in Boston

My charge for upper blepharoplasty under local anesthesia is $2500.  My patients spend approximately 2 hours at our center which includes the surgery and the period of post operative recovery with icing of the eyelids before going home.  Local anesthesia is a safe and effective way to perform upper blepharoplasty and has been my preferred method for years. 

Cost of blepharoplasty

I think that the upper eyelids are perfect for having surgery under local anesthesia. The procedure takes between 30 to 60 minutes. Local anesthesia is very effective and safe when performing upper blepharoplasty. The surgery cost in NYC is between $2500 to $4000. I imagine that Boston prices are in a similar range.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD

Pricing varies greatly depending on the surgeon and city in which they operate, as well as other factors. It's better to first find out which surgeon you'd like to have perform your surgery, then ask how much they charge. This way quality is your governing factor.

In Toronto, blepharoplasty can range from $4500 to $7000, with the lower range referring to the upper or lower eyelids only.

Eyelud surgery cost

You should be bake to gave the upper lids done in an outpatient plastic surgeon's office under local anesthesia.  I charge about $2500 out the door.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

In Office Upper Eyelid (Blepharoplasty) Cost

Eyelid Surgery, and by this I mean Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) prices vary greatly because the procedure itself encompasses a range of experience of the surgeons involved and the complexity of the procedure..RealSelf estimates the price to be around $4300 as of today. The cost in Southern California should range from $3000-$5000 depending on if it is just the upper lid removal of excess skin or will also correct a weak eye muscle (ptosis surgery or levator repair).. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or board certified Oculoplastic surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Is the doctor's office a medicare approved center (will cost more to use) vs just his office

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and some fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeons.
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - Skin only removal or also the fat pads. Will a procedure need to be done to correct muscle weakness (ptosis repair) 

Upper Blepharoplasty under Local Anesthesia

Good Afternoon,

I perform upper and lower blepharoplastys in my office quite often.  Depending upon the situation, upper eyelid surgery can be done under local anesthesia.  I offer free consultations.  Prices begin at $2500 and increase from there.  I am located in the suburbs of Chicago.

Dr. Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Surgery

Upper eyelid surgery can be safely performed under a local anesthesia which makes the procedure very affordable. The fee for a Blepharoplasty at The Sullivan Centre is Columbus, Ohio is about $2200.00.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of upper eyelid blepharoplasty

I perform the surgery in my office and it is in the 2000 dollar range depending on what is being done. I would say it depends on the overhead in the area that it is being done. Boston vs NYC vs Idaho.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid procedure (blepharoplasty) cost

Upper eyelid procedures (upper blepharoplasty) are surgical procedures performed in an ambulatory surgery setting, typically under general anesthesia. The fat pads that create the puffiness in the upper eyelids do not respond to local anesthetic and consequently very painful to remove under local anesthesia. For maximum aesthetic results the skin, muscle, and fat all need to be addressed during an upper blepharoplasty. Typical price range for upper blepharoplasty is approximately $3,000 that includes anesthesia, operating room fee, and the surgeon’s fee.

Upper Blepharoplasty

I charge $2500.00. I am in an affluent area similar to Boston suburbs.

The average in Boston can be from $2000 to $5000. There is a huge variation but all physicians have their own reasons for the prices they offer.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon