Fat Transfer for Patient with Morphea?

My partner had been diagnosed with Morphea, unfortunately it has affected the right cheek area of her face, fortunately this condition has now ceased, however my partner has been left with a loss of tissue in this area, she has been getting collagen boosting fillers. However, these do not appear to be having a lasting effect.

We have been advised that a more permanent procedure ie: Fat transfers may be more suitable, can you advise us as to whether or not this is an option and whether or not professionals would be willing to help someone who had been diagnosed with this condition?

Doctor Answers 3

Fat transfer for morphea conditions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fat injections have been known to help localized morphea conditions. The fat may live in its new environment as a graft and may not need to be reinjected indefinitely. There is a concern, though, that the fat injections should not be done if the morphea is active. Seek consultation with an experienced physician who does fat injections. They may want to consult with your Morphea doctor.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Fat transfers for Morphea

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many different condiitons resulting in hemifacial atrophy can be treated with fat grafts or fat injections or fat tansfers. Some surgeons even tranfer the fat using microvascular techniques.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

Fat Transfer, fat injections, micro fat transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Borris, I have treated several patients with Morphea- all have had excellent results with micro fat injections to correct the facial volume loss and contour. It may take more than one session to achieve the best results but the results have been present in my patients for 4 plus years.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.