I am 50 years old and considering a Brazilian Butt Lift. Are the risk of complications greater for someone in my age group?

If you are otherwise healthy, the Brazilian buttlift offers similar benefits.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Risks of complications with BBL if over age 50?

Age is less important that overall health and skin quality. A fit, active, healthy 60-year old can be a better candidate for surgery than an unhealthy 30 year-old!

It is best to have a consultation with a surgeon who commonly performs this surgery to assess whether this surgery is right for you. Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

50 and over

Medically on patients your age, we have to be definitely more careful, more conservative and avoid doing very long in time procedures and very large procedures, because the body will struggle more to recover.

I truly believe on the 50's you are still on a very good shape to enjoy life and feel confident and beautiful with and without clothes. So I am totally encourage you to consider to do a BBL and probably some other little jobs.

Enemy number one, two and three for a surgery like this are: being overweight, non healthy or sedentary.

Have a great journey

Dr. Cardenas

Thanks for share your question, if you healthy or have the problems under control is fine to have survey, find a good surgeon that are custom to performed surgery on patients with your age.

Walkiris Robles, MD

50 year old and brazilian butt lift

As long as your are a healthy 50 year old, you should not be at any more risk than any other healthy person. Good luck.

You could have it

If your blood work and you are on good physical condition...i think you could have it.

Another factor should be your butts skin tone..if its too loose mabe just a Brazilian is not enough.

I am 50 years old and considering a Brazilian Butt Lift.

Quality of the patient’s skin, qualities like tightness, moisture content, elasticity, etc are greater indicators of post-surgical success than age alone is. Think about how much better an in shape older person who takes high care of him/her self is compared to a younger person with less attention to his/her lifestyle.

This same thinking is a part of what guides a surgeon when determining viability.

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. You have your own unique specifications, dimensions, and body dynamic. To reach your target you have to take all of these things and more into considerations.

I wish you the best of luck, if you want any more guidance please check out our blog, we have covered many of these topics.