When to Start Taking Arnica Montana and Bromelain? Before or After Surgery?

I'm Having a lower body lift in 3 days and i'm not sure when to start taking this medication?

When to start taking Arnica Montana and bromelain?

+1

Hi Dana, I would not take Arnica Montana or Bromaline at all. Arnica Montana and Bromaline may slightly decrease the bruising and they may slightly decrease the swelling. However, they are known to have significant side effects. Please be sure you know the side effects before you start taking this medication these medications. I do not use Arnica or Bromaline at all in my practice. I especially do not use these medications for lower body lifts. The complication rate and side effects are just too high. Congratulations on your weight loss. Good luck with your surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Katzen

Bromelain and arnica

+1

I am not a big fan of arnica or bromelain.  The research in the journals do not support its use much. 

Begin Arnica and Bromelain Before Surgery

+1

I would suggest that you begin your Arnica Montana and Bromelain before your body lift.  These herbal medications help to minimize swelling and bruising.  I recommend a product called Arnika Forte.  It combines both Arnica Montana and Bromelain in a single capsule.  Patients begin the day before surgery and continue for 6 days after surgery.  Good luck with your upcoming procedure!

Mark Schwartz, MD