How Much Does It Cost to Remove Excess Skin and Stretch Marks After Losing 150 Lbs? (photo)

I used to weigh 356 lbs after years of exercise, watching my diet. I finally lost close to 150 lbs. My current wt is 217 lbs. My left cartiledge is wearing down. My doctor gives me synvic shots. My breasts are a 48 DDD. The skin under my arms has alot of stretch marks. My entire body has loose drappy skin which I would donate to a burn center. I don't have any money. I am separated from my husband. Times are tough. I just need a cost for this surgery. Thank you, Andrea Yanochko

Cost to remove excess skin after losing 150 lbs.

Congratulations on your massive weight loss! Thank you for your pictures and history. It is difficult to answer your questions without more pictures or a thorough physical examination. However, I will try to answer this question as best I can.

I am not sure exactly what surgeries you are seeking. However, with a 150 pound weight loss, I would imagine that you would need a series of surgeries. Typically, I would stage these surgeries. During the first surgery, I would suggest a 360 circumferential lower body lift. This procedure to remove excess skin and fat of the abdomen, hips, and buttocks. During the second stage, I would suggest a medial thigh lift. The medial thigh lift would remove excess skin and fat from the inner leg. The incision extends from the groin to the inner knee. During the third stage, I would suggest breast reduction and brachioplasty or arm lift. The breast reduction would reduce the size of the breast. The brachioplasty would remove excess skin and fat the upper arm. The brachioplasty incision would extend from the armpit to the elbow.

First of all, I would suggest trying to have your insurance to cover. Your medical insurance may cover part of these surgeries. If you qualify, Medicare may even cover your breast reduction. I would also look into the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America. This foundation may have some suggestions and ways to fund your reconstructive surgery.

I hope I have answered your questions regarding reconstructive surgeries after massive weight loss and ways to get your surgeries financed.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. If you have any questions, please contact my office.

Dr. Katzen

Weight loss and surgery

Congratulations on your weight loss, but to get a better result,  you probably need to lose more weight.Good luck.

Still not in conditions to be operated on loose at least 100 lbs / no esta en condiciones de operarse hasta perder 100 lbs

you should not be operated now up you loose no less than 100 lbs do not try now look for help with any nutritionist please.

por favor no trate de operarse ahora no esta en condiciones hasta que no pierda cuando menos 100 lbs mas  saludos

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon