What Kind of Compression Garmet and Abdominal Binder Should I Get for my Lower Body Lift?

They have so many kind, with 2 panels, 3 or 4.I do not know which one is better.Thank you

Garment to Wear After Lower Body Lift

+3

In my practice, I supply the garments that the patient will need immediately after surgery and when it is time to change into another garment, my staff will help measure the patient and choose the correct garment.  This is an important part of the recovery and you have to make sure that the garment is not too loose or too tight.  Please speak with your surgeon and/or his/her staff to get this information.

Compression garments for abdominoplasty

+2

I usually have my patients use a single velcro binder for compression, I think it is easy to deal with.

Garments after bodylift?

+2

Most plastic surgeons performing bodylift surgery like to make their own recommendations for a binder/garment. You should discuss this item with your plastic surgeon. There are many options available, but typically I might recommend a 4 panel binder for the first 2 weeks after bodylift. We then switch to something more comfortable after. Best of luck and congratulations, Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Garment for 360 "Circumferential" Body Lift...

+2

For a circumferential or 360 body lift, I would suggest a garment that goes from the lower rib cage to midcalf. It should have clasps and zippers on each side. The groin should be open for the drains. For the 360 body lift, on top of the garment, I use a 4 panel binder. The binder should be placed so that two thirds of the binder is above the incision and one third below the incision.
Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck with your 360 lower body lift.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Binders for lower body lift

+2

Thanks for your question -

In our San Francisco area practice we perform body lifts and body contouring after bariatric surgery quite commonly.

Abdominal binders and compression garments are used to minimize swelling, help with skin retraction and sometime improve patient comfort.  It is something that is important to use at the direction of your physician however.  

Garments that are too tight or are inappropriate for your type of surgery may restrict blood flow and cause healing problems.  

Talk to your surgeon!

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

?Post op garment style?

+2

Your definition of a LBL may not be the same as mine. This question will best be answered by your surgeon, who will know where your incisions will be and where compression is needed.

Thanks and best wishess