Minor Rhinoplasty Changes?

Hello, I would like a rhinoplasty, but I am afraid of having too much taken off. My nose looks pretty good except I feel it is a little too wide and bulbous. It's not big by any means but if it were a little smaller I'd be happy. In fact, I want the changes to be so minor that nobody else notices. I'd rather have to go for two surgeries to reduce my nose than to have one that took too much away. Is it possible to perform such a small change?

Rhinoplasty with subtle changes

+1

Yes, it is possible to have Rhinoplasty surgery with subtle changes.  My goal is to always perform surgeries that look natural and enhance the beauty of the face.  I always have very detailed discussions with my patients regarding expectations, goals, and outcomes.  You should feel comfortable with your doctor and be able to communicate easily and effectively.  If you find an experienced and skillful facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon only one surgery should be necessary.  Good Luck! 

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty With Minor Changes

+1

Correcting a nose that is too wide and bulbous is common when performing a primary rhinoplasty. Even though you do not want too many changes, an expert facial plastic surgeon will always make sure that your nose is in harmony with the rest of your facial features, leaving a balanced and natural look. When I perform rhinoplasty for my patients, I always make sure to listen to their goals and develop a unique and tailored approach to ensure the best results possible. To answer your question, it is possible to perform rhinoplasty that will meet your goals.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Subtle rhinoplasty in noses that don't need a lot are often the most satisfying

+1

Some of the best patients are attractive individuals who have decent noses and only need a "little" tweak. This also can separate rhinoplasty experts from the average surgeon. Anyone can take a big potato and make it into a smaller potato and make the patient happy. It often takes more skill to refine what is already a fairly nice nose.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Minor changes are possible

+1

Yes,  This can be accomplished, but it is always better to plan on one operation.   Revision surgery is associated with its own particular set of risks.  The un-operated nose is a far better nose on which to work.  Make sure your surgeon understands what you want and also remember it is not an exact science.  Below is a link to some tip changes.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minor changes in a rhinoplasty

+1

Minor changes are possible.  You should have a lengthy discussion with your surgeon and be very speciic about your concerns of overdoing it.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Conservative rhinoplasty

+1

It is very important to have clear goals before undergoing a rhinoplasty.  Computer imaging can expedite this conversation.  Experienced rhinoplasty surgeons can give subtle changes, as long as that is what the patient desires.  It is NOT a good idea to go into a rhinoplasty expecting to perform the operation twice.  Do it right the first time.  

Minimal Rhinoplasty

+1

Minor changes to refine a nose can be done depending on the needs and goals of the patient. Select an experienced surgeon who will show you results you like in patients with noses like yours.

Minor Rhinoplasty Changes Possible

+1

Thank you for your question regarding rhinoplasty.  For many patients, only a small change in the shape or size of the nose is desired or needed to achieve an excellent outcome.  Most patients don't want to look operated on, but want to achieve better facial symmetry or balance with their other facial features.  Your desire for a conservative rhinoplasty is reasonable and you should be comfortable discussing your concerns and desire for minimal change with your plastic surgeon.  Make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty for best results.  Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

You should consult with an experience plastic surgeon to evaluate you.  Ask to look at photos of cases that are similar to you to help,communicate your goals.  also, it would be great if you could resubmit your question with photos.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Questions about rhinoplasty surgery

+1

A finesse rhinoplasty is not an unusual request.  Computer imaging can be used to define the exact changes that you are seeking.  Good communication is necessary for your to get the result that you desire.  If you only have an enlarged or bulbous nasal tip then you may only need a tip plasty and not a full rhinoplasty surgery.