Swollen and Big Nose Tip After 3 Months of Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I had rhinoplasty surgery 3 months ago. Even though my doctor says that I have thick and oily skin, and therefore my nose is gonna keep getting smaller, I just can't believe that it's gonna be like I imagined. You can see my before picture, my biggest concern was my nose tip before the surgery. I know that it is not as low as before (forgive my English at this point please) but it is still big for me. Do you think that it will get smaller within more time, give me our honest opinions pls

Swollen and big nose tip after 3 months of rhinoplasty?

3 months is still soon after your surgery, and you will still have swelling at this time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your procedure. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months, and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was a revision, and whether the surgery was open or closed. Having thick skin, it is not uncommon for your swelling to last a while. It is important to be patient during the healing process, and the best thing you can do is wait and see how you continue to heal. Keep in touch with your surgeon throughout the process, as they will be able to answer any questions you have. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Be patient as nasal tip swelling reduces.

All tissues swell after surgery and it may take many months for the swelling to disappear.  This is especially true of the skin of the nasal tip.  Patients must be very patient, up to a year as the tip refines itself.  Your photos show a very nice result and this will get better in time.  Be sure to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

170 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Nasal Tip Swelling

Of all cosmetic procedures performed, the nose takes the longest for a final result. This is especially so for the nasal tip. It has the ability to remain swollen for as long as 12 months. You are much too early to be concerned. Give it more time. The changes will be slow and suttle, but they will occur. If you are still concerned after this time, address this with your surgeon.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

2060 East Paris Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Generally speaking, it can take 6 to 12 months to completely heal after surgery.  Please keep in touch with your surgeon or his/her clinical team to discuss your ongoing concerns.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

707 W Eau Gallie Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32935

Will tip continue to improve 3 months following rhinoplasty

Hello, thanks for your question and pictures regarding swelling following rhinoplasty. First of all, I think you have a nice result with good improvement. Your nasal tip still has some swelling and the final result will not be visible until around a year. It is a long time to wait, but you should continue to see gradual reduction in the swelling. Please discuss any concerns with your plastic surgeon who should be able to offer you reassurance about your result.

Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

1151 East Paris Ave., SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

3 Months after Rhinoplasty and Concerns of Tip Swelling

3 months after rhinoplasty is too early to determine the final look of the tip.  The tip swelling is the last to resolve.  Give at least a year for this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty at 3 months

First, I think the shape and projection of the tip are much better, especially on the side view.  However, and here is the good news, you are not done healing yet!  Swelling can take as long as 12 months and in rare patients even longer.  So don't dispair, your nose is going to continue to slowly improve.  

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

50 Commerce Drive
Reading, PA 19610

Swollen and Big Nose Tip After 3 Months of Rhinoplasty

Thank you for submitting your question. You should start to see a difference after 3 months.  Your photos do show tip swelling. Swelling after a rhinoplasty, with tip work will last for a year. Review your before and after photos with your surgeon. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow his/her advise. Best wishes

Jeff Angobaldo, MD

5880 Ashmill Dr
Plano, TX 75024

Rhinoplasty Swelling

As it has only been four months since your surgery, there is still a great deal of swelling and settling that still needs to occur. It is completely normal for your tip to still have swelling at this point in recovery. As, your nose went through some major changes, please be patient and allow your body to heal and everything to settle. Everything you are experiencing is part of the healing process and is completely normal. The final results will not be visible to the eye as of yet. A rhinoplasty can take up to a full year if not more to heal. 

I hope this information helps!

Cory Torgerson
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

70 Yorkville Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5R 1B9