Swollen and Big Nose Tip After 3 Months of Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I had rhinoplasty surgery 3 months ago. Even though my doctor says that I have thick and oily skin, and therefore my nose is gonna keep getting smaller, I just can't believe that it's gonna be like I imagined. You can see my before picture, my biggest concern was my nose tip before the surgery. I know that it is not as low as before (forgive my English at this point please) but it is still big for me. Do you think that it will get smaller within more time, give me our honest opinions pls

3 Months after Rhinoplasty and Concerns of Tip Swelling

+2

3 months after rhinoplasty is too early to determine the final look of the tip.  The tip swelling is the last to resolve.  Give at least a year for this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swollen and big nose tip after 3 months of rhinoplasty?

+2

3 months is still soon after your surgery, and you will still have swelling at this time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your procedure. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months, and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was a revision, and whether the surgery was open or closed. Having thick skin, it is not uncommon for your swelling to last a while. It is important to be patient during the healing process, and the best thing you can do is wait and see how you continue to heal. Keep in touch with your surgeon throughout the process, as they will be able to answer any questions you have. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Be patient as nasal tip swelling reduces.

+2

All tissues swell after surgery and it may take many months for the swelling to disappear.  This is especially true of the skin of the nasal tip.  Patients must be very patient, up to a year as the tip refines itself.  Your photos show a very nice result and this will get better in time.  Be sure to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Nasal Tip Swelling

+2

Of all cosmetic procedures performed, the nose takes the longest for a final result. This is especially so for the nasal tip. It has the ability to remain swollen for as long as 12 months. You are much too early to be concerned. Give it more time. The changes will be slow and suttle, but they will occur. If you are still concerned after this time, address this with your surgeon.

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 3 months

+2

First, I think the shape and projection of the tip are much better, especially on the side view.  However, and here is the good news, you are not done healing yet!  Swelling can take as long as 12 months and in rare patients even longer.  So don't dispair, your nose is going to continue to slowly improve.  

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Will tip continue to improve 3 months following rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, thanks for your question and pictures regarding swelling following rhinoplasty. First of all, I think you have a nice result with good improvement. Your nasal tip still has some swelling and the final result will not be visible until around a year. It is a long time to wait, but you should continue to see gradual reduction in the swelling. Please discuss any concerns with your plastic surgeon who should be able to offer you reassurance about your result.

Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon