Touching Nose with Cast After 5 Days? Pain?

i had my rhinoplasty 5 days ago.. I'm really curious to know how my nose will turn out .. i touched the cast today -slightly- , I can feel pain now ..did i do any damage ? i didn't push on it .. i was just trying to assume the width of my nose .. i had my hump removed but nothing done to tip

5 Days and Touching the Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Touching the nose lightly at 5 days should not have any impact on the rhinoplasty results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Touching nose with cast after 5 days?

+1

It is not abnormal for the nose to be sensitive 5 days after rhinoplasty. At this stage after surgery, a light touch or bump can cause discomfort that would not normally be present. You did not necessarily cause any damage, but it is important to protect your nose as much as possible during the initial healing process. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any immediate post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nasal Cast

+1

I am sure you did not damage anything. You nose is expected to be sore at this early stage. I would recommend you let things alone and let it heal. Your cast should come off soon.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon