1.5 Years After Rhinoplasty, Noticing Uneven Sides of Nasal Bone?

1.5 years ago, I had a bony hump removed from my bridge and also narrowed the width of my nasal bone. Since a few weeks ago, however, feeling my nose I noticed that the bridge and the sides of my nasal bridge were slightly uneven, some parts possibly growing out more and some parts indented maybe. I am not concerned if the rhinoplasty couldnt make it completely even, but is it possible my hump is growing back or my nose is re-widening? Is it possible I still have bone growth after 1.5 years?

Growing Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

If you have not reached musculoskeletal maturity or if you have a growth hormone abnormality, the nose can grow.   There are other rarer entities as well but, in general, the nose does not grow 1.5 years after surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Healing from rhinoplasty

+1

Photos would really be necessary to help provide you with advice. A hump would not just reappear if there was no trauma to the nose or if there was no swelling present. In general, the nose can change throughout the healing process. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following your procedure. I would recommend following up with your surgeon and explaining the issue to him or her. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

The nose is still healing even 18 months after rhinoplasty

+1

It's unlikely that the nasal bones are growing or changing a year and a half after surgery. What is more likely is that the irregularity and/or asymmetry was hidden by swelling. The nose heals for a number of years after rhinoplasty. This can lead to a smaller tip but also unmasking irregularities not seen at a few months or even a year.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD