Skin Around Nose Has Gotten Darker After Rhinoplasty

During 6 month period after rhinoplasty surgery, I wore spf 15 sunsreen whenever I went out in the sun - I realize now that spf value was too low. Its been 1 year since surgery and my skin around nose have gotten darker and looks damaged (I have brown skin). Can any thing be done about this?

Darkening of skin after rhinoplasty

+1

It is unusual to see hyperpigmentation on the nose after a rhinoplasty. Occasionally we will see red telangiectasia occur when compared to the nose on revision rhinoplasties. To lighten the skin, one should consider a hydroquinone bleaching cream, which can be obtained from your dermatologist. Make sure you continue to use sunblock on the nose.

Dark Skin after Rhinoplasty

+1

Changes in skin color after rhinoplasty are very unusual. Talk to your surgeon who may prescribe bleaching agents or refer you to a Dermatologist who frequently treats pigmentary problems.

Dark scars after rhinoplasty

+1

A variety of options are available for treating hyperpigmented skin. I would discuss this with your surgeon who can prescribe or recommend a treatment regimen.

Darker skin following rhinoplasty

+1

At this point it would be best for you to speak with your surgeon regarding the skin issue you are experiencing. He/she may refer you to a board certified dermatologist who may be able to help you with your issue. It sounds like a pigmentation problem, and there are many treatments available to help improve your condition. Hope this helps. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Pigmentation after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

This can be a result of pigmentation  and/or blood that has seeped into the surrounding tissue. You can try a bleaching cream but with more time this should resolve.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS