Can I Get Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty Done Separately?

I had an appointment with the nhs (uk) and they said that i can get a septoplasty done for free with them. But if i get it done privately i will have to pay for both procedures! Can the surgeon just remove the hump and make it look better so i can get the septoplasty done by the nhs?

Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

+1

Yes, you could have them done separately and it is more usual for the septipoplasty be covered by your insurance but it would involve two surgeries, recoveries, anesthetics and it is totally unnecessary. I am offfering a temporary price reduction for all cosmetic surgery. Watch my video!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty Done Separately

+1

I cannot advise you financiaally because I'm not an expert on your medical system, but from a medical and surgical point of view it is better to do the septoplaasty and rhinoplasty during the same operation. Don't compromise your results trying to save money; revision surgery will cost more than the original operation.

Separating rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1

Yes it is a possibilty to peform the septoplasty and rhinoplasty separately. Discuss this with the surgeon's involved. They may want to contact you about your recovery.

They could be performed separately but it would be wiser to do them together.

+1

Yes, you could have these surgeries performed individually but it would be wiser to do them together. This would eliminate the need for two separate anesthetics, two separate recoveries and would certainly be more cost effective. Furthermore, a septoplasty may be a necessary component of the cosmetic rhinoplasty and therefore the two must be done simultaneously. I am hard pressed to think of a good reason to separate the two operations if they are both needed.

David A. Ross, MD

Performing Rhinoplasty after Septoplasty for Deviated Septum

+1

Yes, one may have rhinoplasty performed at a separate time from a septoplasty. However, generally one surgery followed by the other nasal surgery is more complicated, and the results more unpredictable.

First, there are two separate recoveries and anesthesia. You would loose more time away from work or school in the healing process. Second, cartilage from the septoplasty may be used for grafting in the rhinoplasty. Even hump removal may require some cartilage implants during the rhinoplasty.

Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine the most appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Better to have septoplasty and rhinoplasty done together.

+1

You may need some of what is removed with the septoplasty used in the rhinoplasty. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Septoplasty and Hump Removal

+1

Hi,

You should definitely get the Septoplasty and hump removal at the same time. Make sure you choose an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

You should not separate septoplasty and rhinoplasty into two different operations

+1

In the past, we sometimes would separate these two operations since (back then) a rhinoplasty rarely touched the septum. Today, I use grafts of your own cartilage taken from the septum to get a better, more balanced Rhinoplasty result. So, if you have a Septoplasty done already it is harder to get good cartilage for grafting in Rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD