How Do You Use Travoprost or Bimatoprost for Hair Growth?

What is the best method & frequency if using these for hair loss on the head?

FUE Hair Transplant Surgery

+1

Latisse is a prescription treatment used on eyelashes for hypotrichonis. It is a bimatoprost ophthalmic solution to grow longer, fuller and darker eyelashes. Latisse is applied to only the upper lid line and must be used with the included sterile applicator. It may also be used off-label on the eyebrows. However, it is ineffective to treat hair loss on the head. You should look into a follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant to address hair loss and thinning on your head.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for hair growth

+1

As you know, Latisse has been approved for use in the eyelashes.  It works very, very well.  Off-label, some have used Latisse for enhancing the growth of eyebrow hairs.  In your question, you have not said where on your head you would like more hair.  I suggest an in-person consultation with a hair transplant surgeon.  At your visit, we can look at the degree of hair loss and suggest both medical and surgical treatment options for you.  If your loss is severe enough to warrant surgery, then we will let you know.  We have had great results doing these surgery in women. The result is natural and durable. The donor scar heals remarkably well and is imperceptible to most onlookers.  I hope that this helps.  Dr. P

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon