How Tight Should Garment Be After Double Chin Liposuction?

I had smart lipo on my chin to eliminate my double chin on 7/7/12 and was not pleased with the results. My Dr. suggested a touch-up, so, last week 1/5/13 I had a touch up. The first time I had the procedure my Dr. suggested I wear a garment for two weeks 24/7 and to sleep thereafter.

Compression garment use following Neck Liposuction

+1

It does help to wear a compression garment following any liposuction procedure, including neck liposuction .  The compression helps limit swelling and bruising and it also helps shape the final contour of the remaining tissues.  The garment should be snug enough to apply moderate compression but not so tight as to choke or cause kinking of the garment.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo compression garment

+1

The garment should be snug around the neck area, enough to help with swelling. We recommend wearing the garment for 3 full days, but everyone reacts differently with swelling.

How tight should my compression garment be after liposuction?

+1

Thank you for your question.  The purpose of using compression garments after a liposuction procedure is to minimize the amount of swelling that develops after the procedure.  Gentle compression is all that is needed to minimize the swelling.  It is important that the garment fits correctly and that no creases develop underneath the garment.  If any creases or indentations begin to develop, I will usually ask my patients to discontinue use of the garment.  In addition, I recommend my patients begin gentle massage of the area one to two weeks after the procedure to help eliminate the swelling.  I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garments

+1

Compression garments help manage swelling, increase comfort and may decrease fluid accumulation in dependent areas.  They do not improve the final cosmetic result.  They shoud provide support but not be too tight as they can cause wrinkles in the skin or injure the skin. I would recommend you discuss the recommendations further with your doctor.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment after Liposuction

+1

A compression garment needs to fit properly in order to function correctly.  The compression does not need to be tight but snug and should compress the area under the chin more than the neck.  You need to make sure that no folds form which will cause a depression or contour irregularity to develop.  One week is usually sufficient but two weeks may be indicated as well.

Web reference: http://www.pasadenacosmeticsurgery.com/liposuction-questions.html

Liposuction neck garment

+1

A liposuction neck garment should be snug but not too tight that it becomes constrictive.  Best to ask you surgeon.

Wearing Garment After Chin Liposuction

+1

I would recommend wearing the compression garment as you did the first time, but you can never go wrong with calling your surgeon.