Smart Lipo for Lipomas?

I have multiple Lipomas. I wanted to know what the consensus is about the use of Smartlipo for the removal of Lipomas. I am in good shape and don't need the treatment for any fat reduction besides the lipoma removal. The reduction in scarring would be wonderful but I am skeptical after reading some Smartlipo stories about lumps and bumps forming under the skin as part of the healing process. Would this treatment be worthwhile? Thanks.

Liposuction and Lipoma Removal

Although, any type of liposuction, including Smart Lipo, can be used to remove lipomas; in most cases, it is probably better to directly excise the lipoma through a small incision.  With direct excision there is a better chance that the entire lipoma has been removed, including it's capsule.  This will reduce the risk of the lipoma recurring.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

2581 Samaritan Drive
San Jose, CA 95124

Liposuction for lipoma treatment can be successful but, the capsule needs to be removed or you risk reocurrence. I agree a shot scar is better than a long one for complete surgical removal.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505