I Have a Navel Piercing and I'm Planning to Get Smartlipo. I Got my Belly Done Recently. Any Opinions?

I want to have done the upper and lower abdomen. Thank you :)

Smartlipo and piercings

+1

The navel piercing can be removed prior to surgery. I recommend re-inserting it after one week of wearing the garment.

Navel Piercing and SmartLipo

+1

Many women have their belly buttons pierced - you will need to remove the ring before having the procedure.  (I would allow the piercing to heal completely before having the liposuction procedure) 

Michelle Spring, MD

Belly button rings are not a problem with SmartLipo.

+1

I suggest you allow a new belly piercing to heal for at least a month.  Then remove the belly ring prior to Smartlipo.  Your results will not be hampered in the least.

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Belly Button Ring and Smart Lipo

+1

The belly button ring can be removed prior to surgery.  Any recent piercings have the possibility of creating an infection.

Belly

+1

When you say you got your belly done recently are you refering to the piercing? If so, it should  be no problem

David A. Bray, Sr., MD