Thermage As an Alternative to Breast Lift?

Can Thermage work as an alternative to breast lift for minimally sagging breasts?

Avoid Thermage on the breast

+3

If your sagging is entrirely related to the skin, you may see a slight improvement but I would discourage the use of Thermage on the breast. Sagging also known as ptosis is usually related to laxity of deep ligaments in the breast holding the breast to the chest wall (Cooper's ligaments also lightly referred to Cooper's Droopers. The deep location of these ligaments makes them unaccessible to the superficial treatments delivered by Thermage. In thin skinned individuals, I would have concerns about the potential damaging effects of radiofrequency on the breast tissue itself.

Probably not

+2

I am a believer in Thermage when used correctly and for the right reasons. One of the problems with it is when expectations are hyped, such as calling it a "nonsurgical facelift" or a tummy tuck without surgery. This sounds like something in that category. Since there is a non-trivial expense involved with Thermage, you want to be sure that it has a high probability of being effective.

Richard Baxter, MD