Thermage for Body Fat Reduction?

I am in excellent physical condition at 5'8" 182lbs as a bodybuilder with a very defined stomach. I have an issue of slightly loose skin (in my opinion) on the lower abdomenal region along with a very small layer of fat that has been resistant to even the strictest of diet and exercise. I have a small amount of fat in the lower back on each side as well. Even when I diet down for a photo shoot or event it is still slightly noticeable.

I have looked into Smart lipo and body Thermage, both supposed to reduce body fat. However, I don't want to go so invasive as Smart Lipo, even though it will give the best result. I am also concerned tha Thermage might not reduce fat or tighten enough. How much tightening can someone with extremely low body fat levels, sub 9% or more, expect in these problems areas? My skin is by no means as loose as some that have given birth or lost an excess amount of weight but it is noticeable to me.

Results variable but consider Thermage

+2

Thermage was originally designed as a skin tightening technology, and with recent advancements it can be used for body shaping to some degree. So for a completely noninvasive option that may be your best choice.

We did a clinical trial last year where we were able to prove that if Thermage is applied immediately after liposcution, there is more skin tightening. Results with Thermage are also better if there is some elasticity in the skin already and it isn't too thin.

Smart lipo on the other hand has never been proven in any study that I have seen to actually tighten skin.

Thermage does not remove fat significantly

+1

Thermage has been used to tighten the skin and improve contours of the body, but does not remove fat significantly. The best non-surgical treatment for fat reduction is CoolSculpting.  This treatment is great for patients who have fat in the flanks or abdomen that does not respond to diet and exercise. CoolSculpting is completely non-invasive and will not cause skin damage because it does not target the skin, but the fat cells below the skin.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon