Is IPL Safe After Thermage Treatment?

Can the use of these two procedures (done about 1 year apart) cause excess melting of fat under the skin?

IPL is Safe after Thermage

+1

Yes, IPL  is safe after Thermage especially after waiting more than 6 months. Neither causes significant "Melting of Fat" under your skin

IPL is Safe to do after Thermage treatment

+1

Dear Patient,

There is absolutely no danger in doing both IPL and Thermage. Following your Thermage treatment you may experience some redness and possibly be sensitive so I would advise to wait at least 2 weeks before starting IPL. Please consult with a certified physician before starting any treatments.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

IPL safely used after thermage

+1

The IPl may be safely used after Thermage. It will not cause fat atrophy with appropriate settings. See an experienced doctor for an evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

IPL after Thermage is safe

+1

IPL treats pigment in the skin, mainly brown discoloration from the sun and redness from broken blood vessels, excess sun, and rosacea.  IPL doesn't go deep into the skin so it won't affect the fat.  Thermage tightens the skin by tightening the collagen in the skin.  Thermage treatments will heat the skin and can cause some redness that may last for the day of the treatment.  If  you want to do both treatments, I would recommend doing Thermage first, then IPL a day or two later.

Jordana S. Gilman, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes it is safe

+1

It is safe to do these two procedures when staggered on different days. Thermage and IPL are both extremely safe procedures when used by experienced doctors.

Thermage heats the skin to tighten and IPL uses light to treat brown discoloration and redness from broken capillaries. By combining the two therapies you are treating different aspects of skin aging. Both are excellent choices for "no downtime" treatments.

Because I feel these are safe treatments, I would allow my patients to have the treatments done even 1 week apart. Do the thermage first and then follow up with your series of IPL treatments. Most IPLs will require around 3-4 treatments in the series.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon