How Old Do You Have to Be to Have the Miradry Procedure Done?

Age requirements for Miradry

I am a leading expert on Miradry and have co-authored a book on the subject. Provided you pass a medical exam and are a candidate, you can safely undergo Miradry. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

MiraDry is for 18-years-old and older

MiraDry is approved for patients 18 years of age and older.  That doesn't necessarily mean that miraDry would be unsafe in teenagers younger than 18, but that it has not been studied in that age group. 

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

175 I.U. Willets Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11507

MiraDry is FDA approved fror age 18 and older but is done in younger

miraDry is FDA approved for those above the age of 18 but is done for younger patients. There are no described untoward side effects from miraDry in the young - example - breast development, etc. The treatment is 'skin deep' and does not affect underlying structures.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

Teenagers can be treated

Sweating really does not become a problem until teenage years.  Although the studies were done in adults over 18 years of age, I have treated many teenagers without any issues

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

328 East 75th Street
New York, NY 10021

Patients Over the age of 18 Recommended

The company recommends that treatment be done on patients over the age of 18. We have now treated multiple adolescents and have seen excellent results.

David Goldberg, MD

115 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022

MiraDry would theoretically work on persons of any age, but it is sensible to wait until the later teens.

miraDry would theoretically work on persons of any age, but it is sensible to wait until the later teens when sweating patterns become more predictable. Puberty often ushers in hyperhidrosis but excessive sweating which is persistent through the teens is likely going to be a long term problem.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

4425 Conlin Street
Metairie, LA 70006