MiraDry Treatment, Does Hair Grow Back?

I am recieving the MiraDry treatment soon, I am wondering if my armpit hair will grow back to normal after the treatment?

Miradry treatment for underarm sweating

+2

Miradry is not a primary treatment for excessive hair in the armpits and although some hair is lost, it may not be permanent. Surgery90210

...may not

+1
Even though miraDry targets the apocrine, and more importantly the eccrine (sweat glands), it may also accidentally hit the pilosebacous units (hair cells), and unwanted permanent hair removal / reduction maybe seen. This is because the hair units lie in the same plane as the eccrine (sweat glands).

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

An Additional Benefit of miraDry is Reduced Underarm Hair

+1

Dear Ryan001,

miraDry is a very safe, effective, and lasting treatment for excessive underarm sweating. It has quite literally changed the lives of hundreds of patients in my practice.

A partial reduction or delay in underarm hair growth is a common side effect. Most patients, both men and women, consider this to be an additional benefit.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

MiraDry and hair loss

+1

The miraDry procedure targets the apocrine glands which secrete oily secretions and cause bromhidrosis, as well as the area where the skin harbors the hair follicles - and of course, the eccrine sweat glands that secrete water and electrolytes that cause hyperhidrosis. In my practice of miraDry, patients that develop hair loss are happy with that outcome as a side effect. At one year follow-up, it seems that hair does grow back in most patients treated with low settings (setting level 3).

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Hair density can be slightly reduced

+1

The hair density can be slightly reduces with miradry in the armpits but it does not eradicate hair.  Most patients (both male and female) view this as a positive outcome.  

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

MiraDry may cause long lasting hair loss in the underarm, but this can be a good thing.

+1

miraDry may cause long lasting hair loss in the underarm, but this can be a good thing.

Many patients are pleased to reduce the amount of hair in their underarms while reducing their sweating.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon