Swelling in Bridge Feels Like an Air Bubble Almost? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty a week and a half ago, the healing is going great I have little swelling or bruising. The only swelling seems to be on the bridge of my nose. When I touch it, it almost feels like there is a pocket of air beneath the skin. Is this a normal feeling? When I blow my nose very gently it seems to expand with air to an extent. Not a large amount but a little. I am calling my doctor tomorrow. But I want to be able to sleep without overthinking all the crazy possibilities. Any idea?

Air pocket on bridge of nose after rhinoplatsy?

+2

It is possible that you may feel a small air pocket under the bridge of your nose after rhinoplasty.  It is a good idea to contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns, but you should not have any permanent issue as your nose heals.  The air should just resolve over time.   

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in Bridge Feels Like an Air Bubble Almost?

+1

Yes SEE your surgeon ASAP to examine you and determine the extent of this air communication. Please post follow ups. 

Air under bridge of nose

+1

It is unusual to have ap ocket of air under your nose. Personally I do not allow my patients to blow their nose for at least 3 weeks after surgery.