After Rhinoplasty: Scar Tissue and Uneven Nostrils? (photo)

Its has been more than 2 weeks since my rhinoplasty. He took out the bump and made the tip a little smaller. 1 week and a half later, I got a small bump on my bridge. I messaged it and it slowly going away but stopped since It might damage something. My nostrils are also uneven... I don't remember if it was like this in the beginning.. Also, I have a burn in my nostril and a bump came on top of my nose.. when I touch it it sort of burns inside. Please help me with uneven nostrils and the bumps!

Two weeks after rhinoplasty surgery is too early to make critical assessments

+2

Your nose is still swollen - as the tissues adhere and the skin envelope retracts I think you'll find that your surgical result will appear more symmetric. This often takes several months to occur.

Its ok to keep track of the results as healing progresses but 2 weeks is still very early after rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Sounds like you have a few concerns about the appearance and healing of your nose.  It is reasonable to be attentive and look out for concerning issues as some of these may need to be communicated and discussed with your plastic surgeon.  At two weeks it is too early however to consider your results definitive so any concern about the final result should be tempered by the knowledge that things will change over the next few weeks as swelling subsides.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Give it at least a year

+1

Hello. At two weeks you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. I recommend waiting 4 months before massaging. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Too early after rhino

+1

Please do yourself a favor and do not consider any work on your nose until you are at least 9 - 12 months postop. Your nose will change considerably in the next several months as of course may your opinion. May I add by the way that i think you side photos look fine. From the front view there may be room for improvement but it is too early to tell. Should you still be unhappy after a year, seek several opinions from surgeons who routinely do a lot of rhinoplasty, look at their photos (lots of them) and go from there.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Some nostril asymmetry is normal. If alarplasty was not performed, it probably was like that before surgery.  Right now it is too early to see the final result and you have to let it heal.

After Rhinoplasty: Scar Tissue and Uneven Nostrils?

+1

Poorly posted shadowed photos, too early in healing phase. So allow 3 months to heal than seek opinions. 

Two weeks is too soon after rhinoplasty

+1

The nose will change and smooth out for several months after rhinoplasty. Most will tell you that two weeks is just too soon to judge.