2 Wks Post-op: Does my Uneven Bridge Look Like Swelling, or Could There Be Something More Going On? (photo)

Also, It Could Be my Fault. I don't recall seeing any unevenness when the cast first came off. I was told by my PS that day, however, that there was a slight bump on the bridge and to rub the area routinely. So I did, but maybe I overdid it. Now, unevenness/bumpiness is very visible to me and I'm worried that not only is it permanent, but that *I* potentially caused/worsened it by overdoing rubbing. I also notice that I can feel kind of a gap when I rub the upper right side of my bridge. What's going on? Opinions needed! =(

Needs more time

+2

Hello. At two weeks you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. I recommend waiting 4 months before massaging. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Uneven Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+2

It is way too early to judge the results of a rhinoplasty at just two weeks after surgery. It takes a minimum of two months to juet begin to see the results and 6 months or longer after to see the true final result. Whatever the shape that your nose will be can not be ascertained now and certainly nothing you have done has adversely affected what the final outcome will be.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty recovery

+2

While rhinoplasty surgery can only take hours to perform, it often takes many months to realize the final outcome.  During those months, a nose after rhinoplasty surgery will gradually change in shape, size, and texture. Sometimes there are identifiable, undesirable, consequences from either the surgery itself or the healing process. Sometimes early correction of these undesirable consequences should be performed but often times it is important to wait for the healing process to evolve. Sometimes secondary surgery is necessary and other times nonsurgical management is indicated. In these situations it is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Rhinoplasty and healing

+2

I think that you are still fairly early from your surgery. Give it time to heal ( at least a year).

Questions about early post operative course after a rhinoplasty

+2

You are still very early in the post operative course for your rhinoplasty and appear to be right on target at this point.  Continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon and follow up if you have concerns.  It is unlikely that you have caused any permanent damage.  

Nasal shape after rhinoplasty

+1

At two weeks following a rhinoplasty procedure there is still a substantial amount of swelling present.  Therefore it is much too early to evaluate whether there are any irregularities in your nasal contours.  Be patient, it will be several months before you see the final result.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon