Is It Possible to Remove the Excessive Lower Cartilage Without Changing the Alar Cartilage? (photo)

Hello My nose is a little long i want to reduce the length of nose but i think my septum is normal but excessive lower cartilage makes my nose to look longer i don't want any change of alar cartilage.My question is Is it possible to remove the excessive lower cartilage without changing the alar cartilage?

Lower Lateral Cartilage and Nasal Tip Shaping

+1

The optimal way to correct a bulbous or boxy tip is to reshape the lower lateral cartilage by suturing with minimal manipulation without excision which gives you a better longer lasting result to the tip and alar rims.

Removing Cartilage With Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

They are one and the same cartilages. There is no true alar cartilage. Most of the alar is made up of soft tissue that is firm.

Shortening a long and overly projecting nose

+1

There are many different techniques and maneuvers to shorten an overly projected and long nose. Some techniques do involve  adjustments of the lower lateral cartilages of the tip of the nose, while some do not. Trimming back the dorsal cartilaginous septum and  de-projecting the entire  tip backwards along the caudal septum with sutures help shorten the nose. Please see the  link below  for examples of how we have treated an overly projected and long nose. Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available  on our website to  give yourself an idea of what you're trying to accomplish.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/overlynosey_photos06.html

Rhinoplasty to shorten the nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty to shorten the nose. This can be done but you need to send better photos and use lay terms since your question needs clarification. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Long nose

+1

It is possible to shorten a nose without changing the level or overall shape of the lower lateral cartilages that form most of your nasal tip and ala.  Parts of the cartilage will need to be removed, but can be done with little effect on the tip appearance.   Make sure you seek advice from a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.     -Best Wishes

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com

Is It Possible to Remove the Excessive Lower Cartilage Without Changing the Alar Cartilage?

+1

If you want the tip to be less projected or to decrease the length of the nose, those things are possible through a closed rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Submit pictures to give an accurate answer

+1

As the other physician has stated we would need some pictures to understand what you are asking. A long nose can be corrected by multiple techniques and depends on what the cause is for your long nose. There are no cartilages in the Ala which is considered the fleshy part of your nostril. These should not be changed with any rhinoplasty surgery to shorten the length of your nose. Please submit some pictures so we can give you a more accurate answer to help you with your question. 

Removing Excess Lower Cartilages Without Changing Alar Cartilages

+1

Please help me; I've been doing rhinoplasty for over 35 years and understand nasal anatomy very well but I don't know what cartilages you're talking about. Alar cartilages are small remnants that don't contribute to the shape of the tip. I need to see pictures of your nose before answering your question or making any suggestions.