Can I Take my Adderall After Breast Augmentation?

I've seen a few people ask this question regarding taking their adderall after their BA. However, I'm aware that you're supposed to avoid getting your heart rate up for a few weeks after the surgery. When I take my adderall, my heart rate usually tends to speed up, around 100/110 beats per minute. Is this still okay, or would that too high of a heart rate?

Adderall and post-surgery

+1

It is probably OK to return to your pre-op medication routine, but it is always best to ask your surgeon.  Good luck.

Adderall after BA

+1

I usually recommend staying off of the amphetamines for a couple of days following surgery but then after that it is fine.  Of course, your PS is your best resource. I hope this helps you.

Kindes regards,

Neil J Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Adderall After Augmentation

+1

It shouldn't be an issue but I always recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon and the physician that monitors your care in regards to that prescription. If both are fine and clear you to take it then you should be good to go.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

+1

I would have no objection at all, but you should, of course, run this by your won surgeon. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. 

Taking Adderall After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question. While I allow my patients to take Adderall after their augmentation, the best person to ask would be your surgeon. After all they will be in charge of your post operative care and recovery. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Adderall after Breast Augmentation

+1

This may not pose much of an increased risk.  It is really more of a question of increased blood pressure that may increase the risk for hematoma.  Ask your plastic surgeon.

Adderall after Breast Augmentation

+1

I let my patients take their Adderall after surgery.  The concern is not increased heart rate as much as increased blood pressure.  When your blood pressure gets high, you could start bleeding in an area where bleeding was stopped in surgery.  That is the reason for not letting patients lift anything heavy for 2 weeks after surgery.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Medication Use After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your questions.

It is always best to check with your surgeon regarding taking medication before and after surgery as he/she is ultimately responsible for your well being.  I hope that you will be pleased with your results.

Best Wishes,

Tom Pousti, M.D.

Adderall after Augmentation

+1

First, you should check with your surgeon.  However, I have no problem with my patients taking the medication if needed.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon