320cc Subglandular Silicone, 3 Wks Post-op. I Know They'll Drop, but Will They "Fluff" Too? (photo)

Hi there, I was curious about this "dropping and fluffing" phenomenon. Do implants over the muscle (particularly subglandular like mine) fluff like unders do? I'd love for that to happen since I am one of the many that kind of enjoyed the size I had with swelling. Thanks in advance for your help!

"Drop and fluff"

Dropping:  Submuscular implants are sitting as if they are at the bottom of an envelope. The breast fold, like the bottom of the envelope keep the implants from descending. At the upper pole is a large space under the muscle and above the ribs, and that space goes up to the clavicle (collar bone). Typically the implant position looks fine at surgery. As the patient awakens, the relaxed pectoralis muscle contracts, pushing on the implant. This displaces the silicone (or saline) which bulges into the upper pole, the only direction with room to expand. The lower pole of the breast may seem to empty out. But the implant itself doesn't actually move. As the muscle relaxes over several months, the upper pole no longer bulges and the implant position looks like it did in surgery.

This is not a phenomenon that is seem with implants placed above the muscle. There can be some lowering of the implants as the lower pole skin stretches in response to the weight of the larger breasts. 

I am not familiar with the term fluff. I looked for a useful definition on various websites, but the definitions are all over the place, and not helpful, so I will pass on that half of your question. 
All the best.