Will 400cc HP Silicone Implants Be Good For My Figure (photos)

Hi, I am having surgery scheduled on 30th Jan. During pre apt i tried the 400 CC implant and i felt it was good on me. please suggest those will be good or not and attached are the photographs and will it give me D Cup or Full C Cup Height : 5.2 Weight :112 lbs Implant : Round HP 400 CC Incision : Transaxillary Placement: Submuscular Current Bra Size : 32/34 A Expected :: 32/34 D/C

HP Breast Implant

+2

You have chosen a very popular size. If you like the way it looked when you tried it on you will like it after surgery. As for the bra size, see what bra size you fill when you place your own breast and implant in the bra.The width of the implant should be close to but not beyond the width of your natural breast for the best results.

Will 400cc HP Silicone Implants Be Good For My Figure

+2

If the size looks good in trials, it will probably look good as implants, though it may look a bit smaller (10%ish) in terms of size. For your frame (or anyone's) the implant should have a width that is not more than your own breast width, and your breast skin should not be too tight to allow for that size. Your surgeon can help with those decisions.

As to cup size, I won't guess. There are no fixed standards out there, and many patients fit into bras of 3 different cup sizes. Thanks for your photo and for the posted photos. Best wishes.

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C/D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implants

+1

The technique of stuffing a bra for sizing is not very accurate. In vivo the implants are under the muscle or gland and compressed and therefore a little smaller

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

400 cc high profile implant

+1

You already have your procedure scheduled in a few days so I am not sure how much help this is. You are petite and have quite a bit of breast tissue already even if you are an "A" cup. The fourth picture is closer to a "D"/"DD" "look", which would be expected from the size of implant you are using. It is more about what look you are going for than cup size. About how this will change body proportions. A 400 cc high profile implant is going to be a busty, full breast in a petite 5'2" 112 lb woman. I have been very pleased with the response our patients have to our Vectra 3D imager. It has helped to reduce the guess work.  Did you consider the moderate plus style of a similar diameter? Also, consider what happens to your breasts after you have children. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Implant size

+1

Yeah, I would agree with going with the 400 cc implants to get the look you want.  It's a very reasonable size for your build. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1

17 expert responders! I agree with implantation of silicones. Based ONLY on the posted photos my guessimate recommendation is 450 UHP via infra mammary incision. Again just my p=opinion based on limited info. 

Implant Size and Bra Size

+1

You can't determine, with any significant accuracy, what sized implant is needed to give you a particular bra size.  If you like your appearance during the sizing, then you should go with that.

As for HP, it is the 'implant du jour' for both patient and many surgeons.  The reality is that patients receiving hp implants are at highest risk for post operative complications leading to reoperation in the first 3 years. This is a fact published in our medical journals. To make matters worse, those that do well, and even look 'fantastic' after the surgery, will suffer long term changes due to the exaggerated pressures on their tissues which will lead to reoperation in the 5 to 10 year period.  Stick with a mid-profile implant, even if it means compromising on volume.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

400 cc HP implants

+1

Without an exam, I can not say whether or not the 400 cc HP implants are right for you.  If you had an exam and you chose those implants and "tried them on" it sounds reasonable.