Is 300cc too Big for my Frame?

I'm 5ft4 and a 119lbs. My BWD is 13cm and i'm a 34AA. I have chosen a 300 cc silicon implant,med.profile under muscle. I would like to be a full B or a small C cup. I like a natural look and I don't want to be too big, just proportional with my body.. My surgery is in two days and I'm panicking that they will be too big! Please help.

Is 300cc too Big for my Frame?

+2

Without photos it is hard to answer this. Assuming that the 13 cm is a correct breast width, the 300 cc MP should be appropriate to width. Assuming you surgeon doesn't feel that your breast tissues are too tight, that should be an OK size for you. Guessing cup size is tough, because there are no standards, and there is some unpredictability.

All the best. 

300 cc Implant Too Big?

+2

At 5'4", 119lbs and 13 cm chest wall width, a 300 cc implant is not too big for you from an anatomic perspective.  350 cc is the average size implant placed in the US, if that helps allay any of your fears.

300cc Breast Augmentation

+2

300 is the most common size my patients choose.  I think it will likely make you a C cup from what you are explaining but it is difficult to tell for sure.  I think, if it is done right, you can get a natural look at any size.  Most patients wish that they went bigger when they come back after surgery - and everyone is worried about being too big before surgery - so your feelings are TOTALLY normal!  No more panicking - you are going to do great!  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+2

Without pictures and an examination its hard to be definitive.  However,  300cc gels are a common natural size.  They will make you a 34B and I suspect you will look very natural.  I let my patients try on the implants in the office, how they look in the mirror is pretty accurate to how they will look after.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Choice

+2

Each implant will look different in each individual. I do not pick out the implants pre-operativley but would rather have my patient show me a photo of someone else with similar anatomy and the result they achieved with the an augmentation. This better communicates to me visually what the patient desires.I then size them in surgery with tester implants. It is my impression that  a 300 cc implant would not be too large on you but take some photos to show your surgeon as to what you want. These can be found at may different web sites (Implantinfo.com). 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

300cc Size

+1

Don't worry.  The 300cc will be a nice fit for your breast. I'm sure you will love your results once you are fully healed.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

This type of question is difficult to answer without an in office exam.   You can roughly estimate a 2 cup size increase with a 300cc implant.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

300cc too big for my frame

+1

In short the answer is no.  The BWD of a midrange silicone implant from Allergan of 304cc is 12cm which is the same for Mentor. I do not have the chart in front of me for a Sientra implant but I bet it is close to the same.  If you are really a AA cup you need to maximize your implant width. I would recheck the numbers you have.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Is 300cc implant too big for frame?

+1

It is normal to feel some concern prior to undergoing any surgery. Based on your anatomy, it doesn't sound like a 300cc implant will be too big for your frame, but it sounds as though you still have concerns. In our office we use 3D imaging which allows you to virtually "try on" different sized implants to see how they will look on your body. Many patients find this helpful in determining the best size implant for their own goals.  There is always a question of anatomy, and sometimes size changes are made during surgery based on what fits and looks the best based on prior discussions with the patients. Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

300 cc too big

+1

It is normal to be nervous before sugery. One way to see if you like 300 cc is to do a baggy test. This will give you a rough idea.