How Long Will it Take to Get My Natural Smile Back After Alarplasty?

I had an alarplasty 8 days ago and have noticed that my cheeks are still puffy and my nose is the same size as before if not bigger. I understand this is due to swelling but what concerns me the most is I'm not able to smile like before.. will this be permanent? If not, how long will it take for me to smile naturally again? Thank you for your answers.

Smile after rhinoplasty

+2

It is extremely common for the upper lip and smile to be affected in the first few weeks/months after rhinoplasty due to stiffness and swelling in the base of the nose

+1

Hi,

Just 8 days after alarplasty, you still have some swelling and numbness from the local anasthetics used. This sensation should go away with the next 3 months.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS