1 Week Post-Op and I'm Not Satisfied with the Result of my Alarplasty, Too Early to Decide?

I had alarplasty on march 16, 2012. is it too early to decide? but my nose is not swelling anymore. it's not red at all.

Unsatisfied after one week

+1

One week is far to premature to be unsatisfied with you results. Post-operative swelling can last for a few months and it can take up to 6 months before your final result is revealed. I would be patient and follow up with your surgeon and be compliant with your surgeon's post-operative instructions.

Alarplasty healing

+1

It is too soon after your surgery to assess your surgical result. I would expect there to be tissue swelling in your nose still that needs to resolve. Also there will be a scar contracture process that will cause the result to evolve further with time.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Alarplasty and one week post-op

+1

At one week post-op it is way too early to see the final result of your alarplasty. You shoudl give it a few months.

Early eval of rhino results

+1

yes too early

one week is very early

i ask myself and my patients to resist making judgement until at least one month (and even that is too early)

the earliest you can get a good sense for how things are going to look is three months, and it really takes a year to get the best sense of what the results will be

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Too Early to Decide re Results of Alarplasty 1 Week Post-op

+1

It is not only too early to decide if your alarplasty was successful just one week after surgery, it is impossible. Without seeing you, I guarantee that swelling is present. Be patient; wait at least 6 months to evaluate your alae.

1 Week Post-Op

+1

1 week post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
No rhinoplasty should be judged before a minimum of 3 months. You should wait much longer still to consider revision. Be patient.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

1 Week Post-Op to early

+1

It is definitely to early to form a reasonable opinion if your surgical procedure was successful in achieving your expectations. You have to wait 6 months to see before the tissues reach the healing stage to make a proper assessment but at this stage, if you feel your nose is not swollen anymore, you should be able to notice if the operation has created at least some improvement you desired.

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon