Can You Get a Small Tattoo Surgically Removed at a Local Hospital?

Trying to reenlist in the army but the process of trying to remove my tattoo seems very long by laser.

Tattoo removal

+1

I would inquire with your military recruiter about a waiver for the tattoo.  I served as a Dermatologist in the Army for many years, and waivers are not impossible to get.  If you must have the tattoo removed, then it should be a fairly easy process as long as you can find a qualified skin surgeon.  I recommend using the "Find a Doctor" tab on this website and searching for a surgeon close to your zipcode.  The Dermatologist/Plastic Surgeon can then evaluate you properly and give you the best plan for removal.  If you are near the Houston TX area, I would be glad to assist you.

Houston Dermatologist

Can be done at a doctors office

+1

Hi, If your tattoo is small enough and in an area that it is possible, it can be cut out as well but you would have a scar. If you have a dermatologist who is surgically oriented, they can do this for you.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon