Will my Burn Marks From Laser Tattoo Removal Go Away?

I have had a single treatment then an r20treatment but this time i did a single treatment but this time the level was raised to 10 on the anstaza trinity laseri now have small burn marks and a little hyperpigmentation will both these things go away? Will the burn mars peep off?...is my tattoo going through a normal faze

Scars from tattoo removal are rare but possible. Tattoos on dark skin have a greater risk.

+1

Scar from proper tattoo removal are rare.  It would be helpful to know your skin type, the type of laser used, wavelength, settings on the laser and how long it has been since your treatment.  A board certified dermatologist is most qualified to answer these questions.  I suggest you make an appointment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Side effects of laser tattoo removal

+1

Sounds like you are having some side effects from laser tattoo removal. These can happen whether it is a single treatment or with an R20 style treatment. It really depends on the clinical experience and knowledge of the person operating the laser to minimize these side effects. As the post below states, these marks can result in either hyper or hypopigmentation and this is generally temporary. In my experience, it takes a very advanced knowledge to treat someone safely with the R20 method. This method, like all of the current laser technology, was pioneered by dermatologists, so it would be best to see a board certified dermatologist who has advanced training in laser surgery for the safest and most effective treatments.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Scarring

+1

It's difficult to say without a picture.  If the burn marks are deep enough they may cause something called hypopigmentation, which is a lightening of the skin.  

We are not proponents of the R20 method because there is a higher risk of scarring.  In general there is a trade-off between removing a tattoo quickly and removing it safely and we would suggest you submit to more safe treatments rather than fewer aggressive treatments that may lead to scarring.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD