Small Movable Lump on Neck Under Jawline (Right Side) After Chin Implant -- What Could It Be?

I had rhinoplasty/septoplasty and chin implant on 7/6/2012 & I am at post-op day 9. When the bandages were removed on day 7, the right side of my chin swelled more than the left. I pressed gently along the right side of my neck under my jawline and noticed a small lump a little larger than a pea located ~1 inch to the right of incision. It moves a bit locally when pressed on. The chin swelling has evened out but the lump is still there. Cause for concern? I plan to call surgeon tomorrow.

Nuchal Lump After Rhinoplasty/Chin Implant

+1

Without physical examination it is hard to assess the cause of the lump. However, it is common that a lymph node gets swollen after your type of surgery.

I would recommend that you consult with your physician who can physically examine your lump and provide you with a diagnosis.

I hope this helps and thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you and congratulations on your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Small lump under chin after chin implant

+1

The small moveable lump is probably a lymph node. If so, this is a normal finding after surgery and as the body is healing. It will slowly get smaller over a few months. As long as the area is not red or painful, and does not get larger, it is probably safe to wait till your next regularly scheduled appointment. You could also simply call and check in with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Lump after chin implant

+1

You should have your surgeon evaluate you to determine if it is any thing to be concerned about.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Lump after a chin implant

+1

The lump could be a number of things, it could be normal swelling, it could be an inflamed suture, it could be a lymph node, it  could be the chin implant. I would follow through with your plans to visit with your surgeon to have it evaluated. More often than not these concerns are usually over nothing more than the normal healing process but this needs to be determined by your surgeon.

Todd C. Miller, MD